Sitting..... it kills productivity and health...Modern day offices are not designed for an active lifestyle.
Sitting has become ingrained into the modern office workers daily life so deeply that it's causing damage to productivity and health.
1. Sitting akin to smoking - “It is now irrefutable that sitting down is not a good thing. People die sooner.” James Levine, MD, PhD, Mayo Clinic
2. A culture of sitting all outside the office- Think about how much sitting you do on a daily basis :
- During your morning commute
- At your desk
- In meetings
- At meals
- During your evening commute
- Relaxing in front of the TV
- Helping kids with homework
3. What prolonged sitting can do to your health
“The analyzes indicate that population life expectancy would be two years higher if adults reduced their sitting time by at least three hours per day.” Sedentary behavior and life expectancy in the USA: A cause analysis by - Peter Katzmarzyk
“Sit for a full day and key fat-burning enzymes plummet by 50%.” -DR JAMES LEVINE
“When you sit all day, your hip flexors and hamstrings shorten and tighten, while the muscles that support your spine become weak and stiff.”
-DOUGLAS LENTZ, DIRECTOR OF FITNESS AND WELLNESS, SUMMIT HEALTH
**Try to integrate 10-15 minutes of movement into your daily work routine. If you have a standing desk you may be halfway there but you need to keep the feet moving.
Sign up today to get notified on new updates upon our launch. Subscribers will get 50% off retail for Ombee Desk when the crowdfunding campaign launches!